Downton Abbey, The Big bang Theory, Queer as Folk, Buffy, Charmed, 2 Broke Girls, Grey's Anatomy, Once Upon a Time, etc. etc. xDDD
2.. Gasoline has been more than five dollars a gallon for years.
3. Measurments based on units of 10 make more sense than ones based on random intervals.
4. It should be very difficult to kick someone out of a home or apartment.
5. Providing free medical care is the moral obligation of the government - and saves tax dollars in the long run.
6. Putting 18 years olds into lifetime debt simply to get an education is a bad idea.
7. Unless you practice at a range several times a week a hand gun will never actually protect you.
8. Working more hours does not generaly make you more effective at work.
9. Giving people enough money to live on tends to lower crime and make cities safer.
10. Wealth is very rarely the result of brains or hard work.
ACTA in a Nutshell –
What is ACTA? ACTA is the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement. A new intellectual property enforcement treaty being negotiated by the United States, the European Community, Switzerland, and Japan, with Australia, the Republic of Korea, New Zealand, Mexico, Jordan, Morocco, Singapore, the United Arab Emirates, and Canada recently announcing that they will join in as well.
Why should you care about ACTA? Initial reports indicate that the treaty will have a very broad scope and will involve new tools targeting “Internet distribution and information technology.”
What is the goal of ACTA? Reportedly the goal is to create new legal standards of intellectual property enforcement, as well as increased international cooperation, an example of which would be an increase in information sharing between signatory countries’ law enforcement agencies.
Essential ACTA Resources -
- Read more about ACTA here: ACTA Fact Sheet
- Read the authentic version of the ACTA text as of 15 April 2011, as finalized by participating countries here: ACTA Finalized Text
- Follow the history of the treaty’s formation here: ACTA history
- Read letters from U.S. Senator Ron Wyden wherein he challenges the constitutionality of ACTA: Letter 1 | Letter 2 | Read the Administration’s Response to Wyden’s First Letter here: Response
- Watch a short informative video on ACTA: ACTA Video
- Watch a lulzy video on ACTA: Lulzy Video
Say NO to ACTA. It is essential to spread awareness and get the word out on ACTA.Via Tumblr
This entry was also posted at http://cantarina.dreamwidth.org/131889.html. (comments: )
Night elf mohawk.... xDDDD